Sunday, November 19, 2006

Russ' black pearl

1) I found an article about Tony Bennett in Time magazine. The profile was about Bennett turning 80 years old and how he is still performing. The “black pearl” was that his son helped him rejuvenate his career 15 years ago.

2) The incident is that Tony Bennett’s son said he needed to pair with newer artists to feel fresh. However, his famous style still had to survive. There is even a quote from Danny Bennett in the first paragraph describing his involvement in keeping his dad fresh.

3) I think the reporter might have met Tony Bennett to just do an article about him turning 80 and to promote is upcoming musical endeavors. I think the reporter might have asked why Tony started collaborating with artists before and he might have mentioned his son’s involvement. Then the reporter must have sought out his son for an interview.

4) I will write my next article about a woman named Katie Raquet. While I have been attending UW-Oshkosh, she married a close friend of mine. She is different than me is six ways and I can use this article as an opportunity to know her better. We have never talked personally or privately before and I think I might be able to find that “black pearl” we are all looking for. I would prefer to talk to someone who is a different race than me on campus, but the Thanksgiving break and the hectic schedule before that makes it difficult. In addition, this interview could last for quite some time, so personally meeting with someone is preferred by me.

5) I am unsure of the correct spelling of her maiden name, so I will try her husband Eric Raquet and the name Katie Raquet for my searching.

• Both her and the husband have a clean record on CCAP.
• I checked everything listed on the sheet besides the websites involving UW-Oshkosh and I found nothing.

Eric Raquet’s current address is still not available online. I can find his parent’s home, but not his house in Howards Grove. Since they are both young and a new couple, I did not expect to find much. I still think she will be a good interview. Everybody has their own unique story.

Katie is a woman, she is Republican, older, shorter and a different weight, financially well off and she is married. Those are six things and I am sure I can think of more. I am pretty sure I can dig up something in her past.

No comments: