Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Granny-Panties and Other Embarrassments of M. J. Lynn

For many people, college is a time of social awkwardness, which often leads to embarrassing moments that last a lifetime.

M. J. Lynn is one such person.

As a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Oshkosh, Lynn has had three years worth of embarrassing moments, which most people cringe at. Though one would not think it by looking at her athletic figure, Lynn is a bit of a klutz.

Last week she was walking outside and ran into a tree, making her fall on her butt. “When I walk I read, because, ya know, I get bored” said Lynn. Lucky for her, only one person was around and he didn’t see her.

Last semester Lynn was producing a television show as part of Titan TV 66, called Reel TV. “We were doing this spontaneous behind the scenes look at the show, but it was scripted,” said Lynn. “Since I was co-producing I had to act and I completely botched and forgot my lines.” According to everyone involved, including her co-producer, she screwed the entire show up.

Of course not all of her embarrassing incidents was her fault. During her first semester in school she was the victim of a prank, which she considers her most embarrassing moment. “I was walking down the hallway in my dorm,” Lynn began. “Out of no where, Nick comes up and pulled down my pants.” According to Lynn there were quite a few people in the hallway at the time and they all got a good laugh out of it. “The worst part,” Lynn said, “was that it was laundry day and I was wearing my “granny-panties. I just wanted to jump under my covers and hide forever.”

Though radiantly beautiful, sporting a relaxed demeanor and a snappy dresser, Lynn has had her share of embarrassment that she feels she will never live down. It is important to note that we all feel like this at one point or another; even though we might feel like we are the only ones who have ever had out hideous laundry-day-undergarments exposed to the world. Just remember, there are a lot of people with “granny-panties” out there and in ten years, no one is going to remember you for that single fleeting moment, in the middle of your dorm hallway.

No comments: