Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Okay
I am typing this for the third time.


So, anyways, I had to read about five different sports articles before I finally came across one that I liked enough to write about.

The article I am writing about was published in the LA Times and is about Tuesday night's Lakers vs. Suns game.

Despite the fact that I know very little about NBA basketball, the author did an excellent job at keeping my interest throughout the article.

He did a great job and conveying how big of an upset the Lakers' loss was to the team.
He did this well by use of good quotes from the coach, and the players and also telling the reading a big of history behind the team's former winning streak.

The author also wrote the article in very fresh and concise language. Directly quoted from the article the second paragraph says, "The quick-hitting, high-energy Phoenix Suns ran, jammed and three-point-bombed their way to a 125-99 victory over Buss' reconstructed team, delivering a virtual knockout blow to the Lakers in front of 18,422 at America West Arena." Wow, what a good summary for a game I didn't even watch. This 'graph really give me a quick synapsis of the game for my very short attention span.

The author used useful information about the Suns team that may give the reader a better understanding of why they won.
A fact stated in the article is how the Suns have the highest average for points-per-game than any other team in the NBA.

No comments: